Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Perspective


This morning was another great day for Kingdom Here.  Robbie shared a great word from Luke and we saw about 50 men, women and children.

Each time we go downtown, my life is put into perspective and I am truly humbled.  Today’s verse of the day on YouVersion (a great free Bible app) is “Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honor and life.” (Pr 22:4)  In today’s culture we see humility as a sign weakness but as King Solomon says here, humility brings “riches, honor and life.” Humility is simply not putting yourself about others.  Jesus was the perfect example as He died on the cross for you and me.  The opposite of humility is pride… which is said to “go before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall” (Pr 16:18).  Pride is positioning yourself as better than those around you. 

During each visit downtown the pride in me is gone and I am reminded that even though I have a house, car, whatever; I am no better than the people we come in contact with.  My challenge this week is to be more humble… don’t position yourself as better than someone because of outward appearances or situations.  Let’s all lead a life where our “wages are riches, and honor and life.”

Stephen for Kingdom Here

No comments:

Post a Comment